I made melted snowman sugar cookies. I got the idea from Truly Custom Cakery.
Aren't they cute? And they were pretty easy. I used the sugar cookie and buttercream frosting recipes I talked about in this post. Then I used a marshmallow for the head, pretzel pieces for the arms, a single orange sprinkle for the nose, black gel for the eyes and mouth, and nonpareils for the buttons.
It was nice not to have to get out any cookie cutters or pipe any frosting in order to make these cute cookies.
But, in case you've got plans to pipe homemade frosting sometime in the near future, watch this video from Karen's Cookies, she's got a super genius way of filling icing bags:
Here's a roundup of some of my favorite sugar cookies:
1. Rolled swirl cookies with a sprinkle crust by Our Italian Kitchen.
2. Tree cookies made with M&M's Minis by Real Simple.
3. Ornament shaped cookies delivered in an ornament box. Source unknown.
4. Santa with a fabulous mustache and sparkly beard. Picture found on Organizing Your Way.
5. I love that these apple cookies have mini chocolate chips as seeds. This idea comes from Pillsbury.
6. These clever 3-D tree idea is from Back to the Cutting Board.
And, in case your sugar cookie plans require some snazzy cookie cutters, I highly recommend you go to Sur La Table. They have such a great selection, including this shark, mustang, dinosaur, hippo and bear.
I happen to own a few cookie cutters myself...
And this concludes my sugar cookie musings...for now.